Patient Representative Group (PRG)
Atypical Patient Representative Group (PRG) brings together patients, GPs and staff members from a GP practice (or group of practices) They meet regularly to discuss issues relating to their practice and the services provided to patients.
Patient Representative Group (PRGs) are good for patients because:
They encourage patients to be more responsible for their own health
- Patients know more about their GP practice and its staff members
- Communication between patients and practice staff improves
- Patients have a chance to make suggestions and ask questions
- Local people can raise money to improve the facilities at their GP practice
- Through links to NHS Walsall and the MyNHSWalsall membership scheme, PPG members can have their say on wider health issues as well.
Patient Representative Groups (PRGs) are good for practice staff members because:
- GPs and their staff can work with patients to plan services which best meet the needs of the people who use those services
- They can provide help and advice for patients on non-medical or social care issues.
- Patients can help the practice to meet its targets and objectives
- GPs and staff have an opportunity to share their ideas with patients.
- They get closer to their community – even more important as GPs take on increasing responsibility for spending more of the NHS budget to plan and buy health services for local people.
How you can join the group
If you would like to become a member of our PRG, please leave your name and contact number with reception. We will forward your details on to the PRG Chair who will contact you with further details and invite you to attend the next meeting or via our contact page Contact us.
Our PRG meeting are held once every 2 months at the surgery. A meeting consists of our Committee Members, patient, doctor if available, and a staff representative. We hold an Annual General Meeting (AGM) once a year and all patients are invited to attend. At the (AGM), the committee will inform all patients who have attended what they have done for the practice over the last 12 months.
Dates of PRG Meetings Held on
|PRG Meeting||Wednesday 18th May 2022||2-00pm|
|AGM||Wednesday 8th June 2022||4-00pm|
|PRG Meeting||Wednesday 13th July 2022||2-00pm|
|PRG Meeting||Wednesday 7th September 2022||2-00pm|
|PRG Meeting||Wednesday 2nd November 2022||2-00pm|
|PRG Meeting||Wednesday 1st February 2023||2-00pm|
|PRG Meeting||Wednesday 5th April 2023||2-00pm|
|AGM||Wednesday 7th June 2023||4-00pm|
|PRG Meeting||Wednesday 5th July 2023||2-00pm|