Patient Representative Group (PRG)
Atypical Patient Representative Group (PRG) brings together patients, GPs and staff members from a GP practice (or group of practices) They meet regularly to discuss issues relating to their practice and the services provided to patients.
Patient Representative Group (PRGs) are good for patients because:
They encourage patients to be more responsible for their own health
- Patients know more about their GP practice and its staff members
- Communication between patients and practice staff improves
- Patients have a chance to make suggestions and ask questions
- Local people can raise money to improve the facilities at their GP practice
- Through links to NHS Walsall and the MyNHSWalsall membership scheme, PPG members can have their say on wider health issues as well.
Patient Representative Groups (PRGs) are good for practice staff members because:
- GPs and their staff can work with patients to plan services which best meet the needs of the people who use those services
- They can provide help and advice for patients on non-medical or social care issues.
- Patients can help the practice to meet its targets and objectives
- GPs and staff have an opportunity to share their ideas with patients.
- They get closer to their community – even more important as GPs take on increasing responsibility for spending more of the NHS budget to plan and buy health services for local people.
How you can join the group
If you would like to become a member of our PRG, please leave your name and contact number with reception. We will forward your details on to the PRG Chair who will contact you with further details and invite you to attend the next meeting or via our contact page Contact us. Alternatively you can email your name and contact details to email@example.com
Our PRG meeting are held once every 2 months at the surgery. A meeting consists of our Committee Members, patient, doctor if available, and a staff representative. We hold an Annual General Meeting (AGM) once a year and all patients are invited to attend. At the (AGM), the committee will inform all patients who have attended what they have done for the practice over the last 12 months.
Dates of PRG Meetings Held on
|PPG meeting||Wednesday 27th January 2016||2-30 pm|
|PPG meeting||Wednesday 16th March 2016||2-30 pm|
|PPG meeting||Wednesday 20th April 2016||2-30 pm|
|Annual general meeting||Wednesday 25th May 2016||6-30 pm|
|PPG meeting||Wednesday 1 June 2016||2-30 pm|
Annual Report 2014-15
Our Patient Annual Report has been prepared to provide an overview of what our Patient Representative Group and the work they have undertaken to help our Practice in 2014-15.
The Practice would like to thank very much those patients who have given their time and energy to get to grips with a complex service and help direct and shape an action plan to address the main issues identified in the patient survey.
A full copy of the report can be downloaded here: PRG Annual Report 2014-15
Action Plan for 2017 is here:
|Action Point||By Who||By When|
|Promotion of online access to booking appointments i.e. telephone message, workshop, PRG attendance in surgery.||Staff at the surgery and PRG Members||Winter 2017|
|Promote Facebook and Twitter Page.||Staff at Lichfield Street and PRG Team||Summer 2017|
|Organise another awareness day and find premises suitable.||Locality Manager and PRG Team||Summer 2017|
|Promotion of the PRG Group-Attend surgery to speak to patients, leaflet and newsletters.||PRG Team||Winter 2017|
Minutes & Newsletters
|May 2016||click here|
|Wednesday 14th January 2015||click here|
|Wednesday 10th June 2015||click here|
|Wednesday 12th August 2015||click here|
|Wednesday 23rd September 2015||click here|
|Wednesday 4th November 2015||click here|
|Wednesday 16th December 2015||click here|
|Wednesday 27th January 2016||click here|
|Wednesday 16th March 2016||click here|
|Wednesday 24th August 2016||click here|
|Wednesday 5th October 2016||click here|
|Wednesday 16th November 2016||click here|
|Wednesday 15th February 2017||click here|
|Wednesday 29th March 2017||click here|
Upcoming Patient Representative Group meeting dates
The next PRG meeting date is:
Wednesday 10th May 2017 @ 2:30pm
Next AMD meeting date is:
Wednesday 24th May 2017 @ 6:30pm
All meetings are held at: Lichfield Street Surgery
Contact the Patient Group with your feedback, suggestion, comment or question. Please do not use this form for complaints – these should always be directed to the Practice Manager